Wednesday, November 15, 2006

He's a Loser

Mark Shea, esteemed catholic apologist (no joke), has said this site "reeks of sulfur", is suffused with nothing less than "hatred", and that I am the Witch Queen of Angmar. Well, I can't figure out why someone who has so much time and treasure invested in his spiritual health would spend time on a site written by and for the damned. Could it be that on some sick, sad, freakish level, he enjoys it? This early Beatles song springs to mind:

I'M A LOSER by Mark P. Shea

I'm a loser
I'm a loser
And that's just what I appear to be

Of all the blogs I have writ or have read
i wish the "dreherhatred.com" blog was dead
They are in league with the devil and hell
their fake song lyrics -- sophomoric doggerel!

I'm a loser
'cause it's stuff i can't seem not to read
I'm a loser
'cause I link there when they mention me

That kathleen reilly is the witch queen for sure
her thoughts are evil, her motives impure
at least from my blog i could get her banned
yet I still read her, the muse of the damned

I'm a loser
cause i know the evil contras' names
I'm a loser
cause of them i might go down in flames

If they were really as bad as I say
i wouldn't read all their comments everyday.
I went and said that I read them, oh no!
maybe it *is* me who just can't let go

I'm a loser
I've lost blogging time that's dear to me
I'm a loser
and that's just what I appear to be

5 Comments:

Blogger kathleen said...

PS Mark Shea, nice retraction there. hope it goes for the *last time* you called me the Witch Queen of whatever.

and now, how about doing us both a favor and eliminating the weird and gratuitous link to my blogger profile? it would make you look less the serial-killer-in-training.

7:42 AM  
Blogger thetimman said...

Hey, Kathleen, go easy on Shea-- he led me to your blog, which I love!

Hubris. Dreher. Shea.

Give 'em heck.

8:33 AM  
Blogger kathleen said...

"I'd take the whole 'They're all about ideas" thing more seriously if they hadn't just spray-painted this bit of juvenalia on the outhouse wall.' "

-- Mark Shea, Thursday, November 16, 2006, 631pm

4:52 PM  
Blogger Roger H. said...

Mark Shea better watch his tongue or somebody might just start an anti-Mark Shea blog.

There kinda sorta is one.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Dymphna said...

I'm not sure what Mark Shea really is. I half suspect that he's just using Catholics to make a buck.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home