Sunday, May 07, 2006

Right Said Rod

Ever since Rod has started doing his "should I convert from Catholicism to Orthodoxy" dance on his new Crunchy Con blog, I can't avert my eyes from the distinct pattern that is emerging. Rod's a conservative, but he's so very troubled by most conservatives. And Rod's a Catholic, but he's so very troubled by most Catholics. Meanwhile, I can't get this song out of my head. That annoying song ....how does it go?

I'M TOO SPECIAL, by RIGHT SAID ROD

I'm too special for the Church,
too special for the Church
so special it hurts

Yes I'm too special for the Pope,
too special for the Pope
Too special to cope

And I'm too sexy for your party
Too sexy for your party
Republicans -- too mainstream!

I'm so sensitive, you know what I mean
And I do my little turn on my blog
Yeah my blog, on my blog yeah
I do my little turn on my blog

I'm so special as a dad
So special as a dad,
perv priests make me mad!

And I'm so special I'll convert,
so special I'll convert,
I have deeper hurt!

See I am sensitive, and I have been wronged
The Church and conservatives have wronged me
Yeah they wronged me, oh they wronged me yeah
and mainstream conservatives don't get me

I'm a special crunchy con, a special crunchy con
mainstreamers be gone!
I'm too special for the right, too special for the right
Maybe not the left though!

I'm an original, you know what I mean
Wish everyone was as deep as I am
Deep as I am, I am so deep yeah
That they don't really "GET IT" like I do

And I'm too special for this song

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home