Saturday, July 01, 2006

Supercontras Return!

REVIEWS ARE IN for the Supercontras Return, the exciting blog-going experience where Pauli, Bubba, Contra, Diane, Curious, CMW and Kathleen defend Truth, Justice and the American Way. While a deluded narcissist plots to render them powerless once and for all, by calling them "Knotheads" and comparing them to "loud, obnoxious drunks", Supercontras face the heartbreaking realization that Beliefnet readers might actually take the bloviating narcissist and his peculiar ideas about food, religion and shopping seriously. Or do they? The Supercontras embark on an epic journey of redemption that take them from the sky-lit aisles of Whole Foods to the dark netherworld of anti-Catholic bigotry. See Supercontras today!

****************************
Rod Dreher from the Dallas Orthodox Wannabee calls the Supercontras:

"[B]oringly spiteful and altogether predictable...[a cast of ] bitching-and-moaning knotheads....If that's your idea of keeping me in the Catholic Church, or of making Catholicism attractive to potential converts, you're pitifully mistaken...spiteful malcontents... nasty!"

****************************
Caedmon of the Chivalry Express writes:

"[R]hetorically lame...abnormal Catholics ...a gaggle of shrews, naysayers and other insufferable types...[They should] suck eggs"

10 Comments:

Blogger Pauli said...

Just for the record, no shrews were killed while filming this movie.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Cubeland Mystic said...

This is hysterical. Well done. Did those guys really call you guys those names or are you just joshing? If so I’d like to read it. They should be happy that you pick at their arguments. It’s not like you are mean. After my book, Al Dente-Conservatives  , is published will you guys please come attack my ideas at the Al Dente Cons blog? I’d really appreciate that. If you show up not only will be a lot of fun, you will increase my readership by like 200%. If I make a lot of money I will fly you all out to neutral ground of your choosing, and show you how to cook ghetto-Italian for twenty guys from the local low-end super market.

7:02 PM  
Blogger kathleen said...

Cube, I was meticulous in my copying and pasting of their quotes. Yeah, they really called us those names (well, sometimes just me). See the "Feast Day" thread of Friday on the Rodblog.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Ecgbert said...

An I-hate-Rod-Dreher blog.

If I were he I might be a bit flattered.

I criticise Dreher ... but this?!

Good to see all that 'new springtime', 'real spirit of Vatican II' spirituality working out so well for you.

8:02 PM  
Blogger kathleen said...

thanks for dropping by, young.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Pauli said...

Just to set the record straight: Kathleen and I are the only two Catholics who blog here, and I think I can safely say that if either of us heard the other reference the notion of the "spirit of Vatican II" in a good light, there would be a formal disavowal.

8:37 PM  
Blogger kathleen said...

Pauli, there is some notion going about that there is a "real" spirit of Vatican II as opposed to the fake one that's been implemented in every american catholic church for the past 40 yrs. in fairness to young, maybe that's what he means.

In any case, I wasn't aware that any "real" spirit of Vatican II, or any "new springtime" for that matter, meant I had to pipe down when someone with such a public platform makes unseemly and untoward comparisons between Catholicism and his latest churchy infatuation.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Cubeland Mystic said...

Kathleen

I read the whole thing. Looks like you got your Irish up over there. Quite a punch up. Whispy? I suspect its me who that comment is aimed at. I will respond to him. I am going to spend some time with my wife now. Have a blessed Mass tomorrow, dear sister.

9:00 PM  
Blogger kathleen said...

Cube, thanks for your valiant, even chivalrous defense of me and the contras over at Rodblog.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Cubeland Mystic said...

Thank you K. Thanks to all for their thoughtful patient dissent.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home