Monday, March 20, 2006

Isn't It Awfully Nice to be a Genius?

Commenter Kathleen was kind enough to send a submission last week in response to my plea for help. I'd like to keep this site fresh but I'm buried in my highly unsustainable 16-hours-a-day-on-my-butt job trying to start a new company. Kathleen, thanks for your contribution to the good fight!

Isn't it awfully nice to be a genius?
Isn't it frightfully good to have a book?
It's swell to join the fray,when they agree with what i say.
those who just don't get it
must be heathens dolts or crooks!

So three cheers for my taste and sensibility.
My friends and i are more advanced than most.
The shoes we wear, our real estate ,the foods that my wife cooks.
The way we teach our children,to shun tv for books

I'm so glad we aren't similar,to those greedy mainstream schnooks...
cuz i am
all
that.

1 Comments:

Blogger kathleen said...

my followup effort is
THE CRUNCHY GRANOLA SONG
(sing to tune of Pina Colada song)

I was tired of the mainstream

We'd been together too long

Like a worn-out recording

Of a favorite song

so after drinking a six pack

I took my laptop to bed

And at the NRO website

There was this blog that I read



"If you like crunchy granola

making flour out of grain

have a house near the ghetto

ride a bike or the train

If you'd like reading Kirk at midnight

growing organic dates

I'm the guru that you've looked for

email me and escape."



I quickly hopped out of bed then

threw my TV away

-- hoped the crunchies would like that

I'm insecure that way.

Then I emailed guru Dreher

hoping he would approve --

Since he posted my email

he must have been moved



"Yes I like Crunchy granola

dumped the car for the train

I am way into health food

and organic champagne.

oh yeah i really hate the mainstream

so cut through all this red-tape

sign me up as a crunchy

together we'll escape."




So I became a crunchy

and I felt so astute.

Threw out all my rock music

learned recorder and lute.

But then I read mainstream Jonah

And I said, "wait it's true."

sometimes mainstream IS crunchy

And I said, "I never knew...



that Jonah likes some granolas!

sometimes he takes the train!

doesn't only eat junk food!

tried organic champagne!

He thinks children are important!

and community too!

So what's a crunchy con then?

Now I don't have a clue.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home