Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Another Worthy Counter-Crunchy

I'm way behind on the email here, but Greg of the Hobbesian Conservative wrote me last week with his own contribution to the oeuvre. He wrote, "I can't decide whether I got a little too mean with it or not." We repost, you decide:

RE: What's wrong with Yurts [Rod Dreher 03/23 4:30PM]
I think the problem is that people read that email and thought "Hey, Rod's saying that I can't be a good person unless I live in a yurt!" They focused on the oddly named domicile and ignored the greater lesson: That you should be willing to sacrifice and make your life a little harder to achieve eternal rewards.


It may be a little mean, but Greg, we like it anyway. Read the whole thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pauli said...

Extremely funny. I'm thinking of maybe a yurt summer home at some point. I am a little jealous though because my wife won't let me collect my own methane. This is probably due to the inability to separate it from the less useful sulphur dioxide in any kind of affordable or crunchy way.

But seriously and on that note, everyone ought to have a look at the Humanure Handbook. I've talked to the illustrator who has done other great work on this topic and I've heard the author really knows his sh..... well, stuff. With dwindling resources, this kind of recycling is certainly what the world needs now.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Pauli said...

Fab

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home