Friday, January 04, 2008

Before There Was a Crunchy, or a Contra...

When I tell people I started a blog in 1999, they laugh. When I tell them the URL was www.thesnob.com, they realize I wasn't kidding. I registered the domain for the first time in 1998, and while I had some of the right ideas, I always tried to turn it into a magazine, thinking that there was no way anyone would ever be interested in the solitary and eccentric ramblings of a lone crank slowly falling off his barstool.

Fortunately, unlike real estate, domains are cheap to hang onto, and I never needed the money bad enough to sell the name, so I am pleased to announce that in the ugly aftermath of Iowa '08, the SNOB is hereby back on the air.

http://www.thesnob.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Pauli said...

Re: "Whose Gender Is It, Anyway?", I had this idea for a film script, comedy, about this hunkish slacker guy who can't get a job so, on a lark, he decides to pretend he's gay and the females in HR at an ad firm go ga-ga over him and hire him. There's a actual gay guy working in a cube who pegs him and most of the film is conversation between those two about things like avoidance of stereotypes, "gay minstrelsy" as you said (which *is* ironic), close-calls with friends and a girl he's into and chicks making fools out of themselves because they think he's gay. He eventually gets caught, canned, and the last scene is a bunch of people playing touch football at the guys huge family picnic.

My working title was "Gender ID", this was back circa 2004 and most of it was crafted to entertain my wife.

BTW, the Janet stuff is scary indeed.

10:15 PM  
Blogger pikkumatti said...

Cool. Only eleven months between posts. Thank goodness for RSS readers.

Keep up the good work!

P.S. The good news is that I haven't read CrunchyCon in the meanwhile, either.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Rayne said...

Why don't you move snob.com over here? CC is a far more flavorful site & it's certainly not off point to discuss things conservative here even if they don't crunch.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home